DE NAHRO is a professional organization for those who develop, administer, and or implement housing and community development programs. Organized in 1982, DE NAHRO incorporated as an IRS 501 ( c ) 3 non-profit corporation in 1989.
Check Out Happenings With DE NAHRO
For More Details about any of these events or notices, click on General Info & News at the top of the page.
- CANCELLED == DE NAHRO’s Annual Conference on May 14, 2020 — Unlocking Housing Opportunities
- HCCP Certification Training & Exam on August 24-26, 2021
- Poster Contest Information – Posters Due April 29, 2020
- A $1,000 Scholarship is available for a graduating high school senior who is continuing their education at a 2 or 4 year college/university. Get the guidelines and application by clicking on General Info & News at the top of the page and clicking the drop down DE NAHRO Scholarship Assistance Program.
The MISSION of DE NAHRO is to provide opportunity for professional growth and development of its members, and to be a leading advocate in Delaware for the provision of adequate, affordable housing and strong viable communities.
Who Should Join DE NAHRO
- Non-profit agencies including local governments, affordable housing developers and managers, social service or counseling agencies that work with clients in affordable rental or homeownership housing.
- For-profit housing developers, managers and financial institutions
- Individual members drawn mainly from the categories above
DE NAHRO is organized as a state chapter of NAHRO – the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials. NAHRO is a national leader in affordable housing advocacy and training for housing and community development professionals. DE NAHRO is also affiliated with MARC NAHRO, the Middle Atlantic Regional Council of State Chapters in New Jersey, New York , Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington DC and Virginia.