DE NAHRO is a professional organization for those who develop, administer, and or implement housing and community development programs. Organized in 1982, DE NAHRO incorporated as an IRS 501 ( c ) 3 non-profit corporation in 1989.
Check Out Happenings With DE NAHRO
For More Details about any of these events or notices, click on General Info & News at the top of the page.
- DE NAHRO honors former Board Member Lottie Lee by naming the Scholarship Fund in her memory.
- COVID19 guidelines and informational links from HUD and NAHRO.
- Letter from U.S. Department of Justice on Sexual Harassment in Housing and COVID 19 Crisis
- A $1,000 Scholarship is available for a 2022 graduating high school senior who is continuing their education at a 2 or 4 year college/university. Get the guidelines and application by clicking on General Info & News at the top of the page and clicking the drop down DE NAHRO Scholarship Assistance Program. Application deadline is June 1st.
- Poster Contest 2021 Winners – 1st place winners receive a $100 gift card and 2nd place winners receive a $50 gift card.
The MISSION of DE NAHRO is to provide opportunity for professional growth and development of its members, and to be a leading advocate in Delaware for the provision of adequate, affordable housing and strong viable communities.
Who Should Join DE NAHRO
- Non-profit agencies including local governments, affordable housing developers and managers, social service or counseling agencies that work with clients in affordable rental or homeownership housing.
- For-profit housing developers, managers and financial institutions
- Individual members drawn mainly from the categories above
DE NAHRO is organized as a state chapter of NAHRO – the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials. NAHRO is a national leader in affordable housing advocacy and training for housing and community development professionals. DE NAHRO is also affiliated with MARC NAHRO, the Middle Atlantic Regional Council of State Chapters in New Jersey, New York , Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington DC and Virginia.