Date(s) - 08/04/2020
As part of NAHRO’s Housing America Campaign, a poster contest is held each year for children residing in affordable housing and community development owned or administered sites. The theme for the Poster Contest if “What Home Means to Me”
Read below for information about the Poster Contest and download a copy of the guidelines and Forms by clicking 2020 Poster Contest Flyer – August 4
Entry Rules and Forms
* Size Paper- 8 1/2″ by 11″ or larger
* Media—Contestant may use any art media such as marker, crayon, paint, collage, or colored pencils. (Please consider that posters will need to be packaged, mailed and reproduced when selecting media)
* All contestants must sign a release making their entry the property of DE NAHRO and NAHRO and permitting duplication/publication thereof.
* All contestants must sign a photo release so that the contestant gives DE NAHRO and NAHRO permission to publish the contestants poster as well as photo of the contestant.
* All contestants are asked to provide a narrative (100 words or less) on the inspiration, vision and importance of their poster design.
All posters, narrative & application/release forms must be submitted to the Property Manager by August 4, 2020 who will complete the bottom of the application/release form and have the poster delivered by August 7th to:
—Sussex County—Brandy Nauman—Sussex County CD&H, Sussex County West Complex, 22215 DuPont Blvd, Georgetown
—Kent County—Tracey Harvey, City of Dover, 15 E. Loockerman Street, Dover
—New Castle County—Carrie Casey, New Castle County CD&H, 77 Read’s Way, New Castle
—City of Wilmington – Will Pass, Wilmington Housing Authority, 400 Walnut Street, Wilmington
Arrangements to have posters picked up can be made by calling Brandy Nauman at 302-855-7779
Elementary—K to 5th grade
Middle—6th to 8th grade
High—9th to 12th grade
Eligibility & Selection
* Contest participation is open to all children residing in affordable housing assisted directly or supported under community development and affordable housing programs, i.e. public or Section 8 assisted housing, CDBG, HOME, LIHTC.
* Top 3 winners in each age category will be recognized.
1st place—$100 gift certificate, blue ribbon
2nd place— $50 gift certificate and red ribbon
3rd place—$25 gift certificate and yellow ribbon
Provisions such as paper, markers, crayons can be provided if needed. Please call Brandy Nauman at 302-855-7779 for details.
Questions about the Poster Contest should be directed to Paula Sims at Paula@DENAHRO.com